Monday, October 29, 2012

G. K Chesterton Quotes


"They said that I should lose my ideals and begin to believe in the methods of practical politicians. Now, I have not lost my ideals in the least; my faith in fundamentals is exactly what it always was. What I have lost is my old childlike faith in practical politics. I am still as much concerned as ever with the Battle of Armageddon; but I am not so much concerned with the General Election. As a babe I leapt up on my mother's knee at the mention of it. No; the vision is always solid and reliable. The vision is always a fact. It is the reality that is often the fraud. As much as I ever did, more than I ever did, I believe in Liberalism. But there was a rosy time of innocence when I believed in Liberals."

--from "The Ethics of Elfland," Orthodoxy.

No comments: