Friday, August 8, 2008

More Pipe-Smoking Action Figures



A couple of days ago I got the figure of "Albert" from The Corpse Bride in the mail. He comes with a most elegant pipe. The character, whose name is never mentioned in the movie, was actually listed on e-Bay as "Albert the Pipesmoker." It got me to thinking about a couple of other pipe-smoking action figures I hadn't listed in my previous posting.

Of course there is Popeye from Mezco. He is part of a very good line that came out a few years ago. One of the great imaginary pipe-smokers of popular culture.

Then there is Captain McCallister from The Simpsons, from the line put out by Playmates. The good Captain has the distinction of having been created for the series by Conan O'Brien.

I think I forgot about these two because their pipes are actually stuck in their mouths, more a part of their figure than an accessory to me.

No comments: